Forum:Work Groups/Hygiene and Epidemiology
Aim of WikiLectures Project[✎ edit | edit source]
You have the same oportunity as your Czech colleagues, who have developed a large number of articles that cover the topics of all examination questions in the Czech version, WikiSkripta, in portal Hygiene and Epidemiology. The portal started to be used immediately with thousands of visits each month.
The Institute Hygiene and Epidemiology invites you now to develop the same useful aid for yourselves and your younger colleagues.
Task[✎ edit | edit source]
One student will write articles covering the topics of 3 examination questions that have not yet been developed and insert them into WikiLectures. You may work as a group – the most computer skilled student will insert articles prepared by others into WikiLectures and format them. You may use existing notes written by students in the previous years supplemented by other resources found. You also have authors’ permission to quote from:
- BENCKO, Vladimír, et al. Hygiene and epidemiology – selected chapters. Praha: Karolinum, 2004. 270 pp. NOTE: There have been several reprints without changes - lplease use year 2004 in the citation.
and to use the materials from our institute’s webpage.
Use these portals to insert your articles:
Help for students of Hygiene and Epidemiology[✎ edit | edit source]
- About WikiLectures
- Getting started
- Interface and your preferences
- How to create an article
- How should an article look like
Assistance[✎ edit | edit source]
If you want to learn how to create articles at WikiLectures, you can come every Tuesday from 1pm to 4pm to the computer room in the Purkinje Institute (Albertov 4, Praha) or write e-mail. WikiLectures editorial board will gladly help you. There are some WikiGuides to help you.
Members[✎ edit | edit source]
- VGRajaratnam – articles: Life Style and Cardiovascular Diseases • Vector-born Infections • Blood Transmitted Infections
- AKOTD7A1 – articles: Toxic Metals in Environment • Food Groups in Human Nutrition • Current Dietary Guidelines for Healthy Population • Risk Factors of Cancer
- Arunz – articles: Source of Infection • Anthropozoonoses • Individual Sources of Drinking Water
- AdeF87 – articles: Process of Infection Propagation • Infections of Skin and Superficial Mucosa • Allergens in the Environment
- Bobbythanvi – articles: Health Effects of Air Pollution on Man • Tobacco Dependence Treatment • Risk Factors of Nosocomial Infections
- Agbie6a1 – articles: Mass water Supply • Drinking Water • Soil Health Risks
- Shresths – articles: Different Forms of Tobacco Use • Environment Pollution and Human Exposure • Alternative Diets
- DTRamatebele – articles: Immunization in the World • Primary Prevention of Common Chronic Diseases • Professional Hazard in Health Services
- Sofiazj – articles: Issues of Artificial Illumination • Issues of Day Lighting, combined illumination. Visual Stress • Environment and Health
- Nablay - articles: Requirements at Examination Methods, Sensitivity, Specificity, False Positivity, False Negativity • Attributable and Relative Risks, Odds Ratio • Hypothesis Testing
- Namratasanikop - articles: Active & passive immunization, vaccine types • Breast-feeding • Child Feeding • Fat Soluble Vitamins
- Dhilon - articles: Disinfection • Radon • Sterilization
- Sfinkster88 - articles: Health Issues of Traffic Emissions • Prevention • Water Soluble Vitamins
- Kgongwanauchada - articles: Minerals in Human Nutrition • Trace Elements in Human Nutrition • Food Contaminants
- Mn - articles: Health Risks in Indoor Environment • Lipids and Carbohydrates in Human Nutrition • Protein in Human Nutrition
- Pkhagram - articles: Tobacco dependence: epidemiology, health impact, prevention • Role of minerals and trace elements in human nutrition and their importance (source, deficiency, excess). • Dietary guidelines for the population.
- Dellsaman - articles: Alimentary infections • Immunization in your country • Immunization in travelling medicine
- Sjr - articles: Airborne infections • Joint Lighting • Work Load and Musculoskeletal Disorders
Revisions of existing articles needed[✎ edit | edit source]
- Dietary Guidelines for Population needs a complete revision. The guidelines there are NOT the current Czech official guidelines (Healthy 13) that are presented in the nutrition seminar at 1st Faculty of Medicine. Current recommendations available at the website  should be used. In addition, the recommendation about fat is very imprecise (diferentiation between fats with saturated & unsaturated fatty acids is needed). --MUDr. Eva Kudlová, CSc. 10:06, 16 February 2012 (CET)