Flap defects / Repetitorium
- congenital valve disorders,
- acquired valve disorders (endocarditis),
- changes in the diameter of the mouth.
- 2 types
- Stenosis – increase in resistance, prolongation of systole, reduction of expelled volume
- Compensation – increase in enddiastolic volume of the section before stenosis, increase in contraction strength, higher excretion pressure, muscle hypertrophy – but heart resistance work, pressure drop after stenosis, possibility failure.
- Insuficiency – inefficient regurgitation, increase of end-diastolic volume of the partition before the insufficiency valve, increase in contraction strength.
- Compensation – increased systolic volume but increased volume work, hypertrophy, possibility failure.
Links[edit | edit source]
Related articles[edit | edit source]
- Flap defects
- heart valves
- Frank-Starling mechanism
- heart revolution
- diseases of valves of right heart
- determination of cardiac output
- heart failure
Sources[edit | edit source]
- VÍZEK, Martin. Repetitorium [online]. [cit. 2011-11-11]. <https://web.archive.org/web/20130512032641/http://pf.lf2.cuni.cz/vyuka/repetitorium.html>.