A cementoma is a tumor-like formation made of matter corresponding to the structure of cement.;
Distribution[edit | edit source]
Benign cementoblastoma[edit | edit source]
- right cementoblastoma;
- rare, occurence in peple under 25 years, in the region of premolares and molares;
- benign, growing slowly, attached to the root of the tooth tooth;
- can cause enlargement of the mandible.
Gigantiform cementoma[edit | edit source]
- formed by calcified masses of acellurar cementum;
- grows to a considerable size, enlarges and deform the jaws;
- middle aged women.
Peripical cementum dysplasia[edit | edit source]
- replacement of bone with fibrous tissue, which later calcifies, ossifies and sclerotizes;
- occurrence in the mandible, landscape of incisors;
- does not cause problems, if it is close to the surface may occur mucosal Ulceration ;
- common in older woman.
Cementing fibroma[edit | edit source]
- it occurs again in the mandible, but in the area of premolars and molars.
Links[edit | edit source]
references[edit | edit source]
- LIŠKA, Karel. orofaciální patologie. 1. edition. 1983.