Lipase as a macroenzyme
Macrolipase (a macroform of the enzyme) was detected in 2 of 20 pancreatitis with elevated lipase and accounted for 10–18% of total activity. It was first described in 1987 in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, when the catalytic activity of lipase was increased in the serum 7-fold. The occurrence of macrolipase is in many cases accompanied by macroamylase or diseases of an autoimmune nature, such as celiac disease.
Links[edit | edit source]
Source[edit | edit source]
- with permission of the author taken from KOCNA, Petr. GastroLab : MiniEncyclopedia of laboratory methods in gastroenterology [online]. ©2002. [cit. 2011-03-04]. <http://www1.lf1.cuni.cz/~kocna/glab/glency1.htm>.
Reference[edit | edit source]
- OITA, T. Simultaneous presence of macroamylase and macrolipase in a patient with celiac disease. Rinsho Byori. 2003, vol. 51, p. 14653196, ISSN 0047-1860. PMID: 14653196.
- KEATING, JP. Persistent hyperlipasemia caused by macrolipase in an adolescent. J Pediatr. 2002, vol. 141, p. 129-31, ISSN 0022-3476 (Print), 1097-6833 (Electronic). PMID: 12091864.
- TAES, YE. Prolonged hyperlipasemia attributable to a novel type of macrolipase. Clin Chem. 2000, vol. 46, p. 2008-13, ISSN 0009-9147 (Print), 1530-8561 (Electronic). PMID: 11106339.
- OKUMURA, Y. Macrolipasemia in Crohn's disease. Pancreas. 1998, vol. 46, p. 205-10, ISSN 0885-3177 (Print), 1536-4828 (Electronic). PMID: 9510145.
- GULLO, L. Unusual association of macroamylasemia and hyperlipasemia: report of two cases. Am J Gastroenterol. 1996, vol. 91, p. 2441-2, ISSN 0002-9270 (Print), 1572-0241 (Electronic). PMID: 8931441.
- SELBERG, O. Macrolipasaemia in a patient with pancreas divisum and acute abdominal pain: a case report. Scand J Clin Lab Invest. 1997, vol. 57, p. 435-43, ISSN 0036-5513 (Print), 1502-7686 (Electronic). PMID: 9279970.