Distortion (sprain) occurs through indirect action or direct violence when the physiological range of motion in a given joint is exceeded.
Clinical picture[edit | edit source]
- partial rupture or distension of the capsule or ligaments can also be hemarthroses
- the joint remains stable
- soreness, swelling , limitation of motion, hematoma
Therapy [ edit | edit source ][edit | edit source]
- puncture a larger effusion , evacuate the hematoma and flush the cavity with ice-cold saline or mesocaine (in case of severe pain)
- immobilization , according to disability, lighten the joint, give NSA , ice
- for the knee, we can indicate arthroscopy
Sources[edit | edit source]
Related Articles[edit | edit source]
Literature[edit | edit source]
- BENEŠ, Jiří. Studijní materiály [online]. [cit. 2009]. <http://jirben.wz.cz>.