Every registrated and logged user can mark his editation as a minor edit. This is the way, how to say to other users, that editations he made do not change the meaning of the page.
What is a minor edit?[edit | edit source]
These editations can be marked as minor edit:
- correction of typing errors,
- correction of misspeling,
- correction of typography,
- simple formatting (heading, moving the pictures, splitting of paragraph, adding categories or templates...),
- formatting that does not change the meaning of the page,
- adding or correcting wikilinks,
- editation of your own user′s page,
- editation your sandbox,
- creation of page with redirect,
- spam deletion.
And what is not a minor edit?[edit | edit source]
These are never minor edits:
- creating a new article,
- every comment on your or somebodys talk page,
- every editation that change the meaning of the page.