The Biological Factor of the Tooth
Biological tooth factor is a sign of tooth quality.
Criteria for evaluating the biological factor of the tooth[edit | edit source]
1. Clinical component
- Condition of the suspension apparatus of the tooth,
- mutual relationship of teeth and spaces,
- own tooth position,
- way of articulation,
- tooth vitality,
- size and shape of the crown of the tooth.
2. X-ray component
- Degree of resorption alveolar process,
- quality endodontic treatment,
- the presence of periapical changes,
- the length of the roots, their shape and strength.
Division of teeth according to biological factor - according to Voldřich[edit | edit source]
- I. class: canines, first and second molars
- II.class: upper central incisors, all premolars, third molars
- III.class: upper lateral incisors, all lower incisors, all teeth with a bad biological factor
Division of teeth according to meaning within dentition[edit | edit source]
- Teeth with a positive meaning
- Absolutely necessary: They have the highest biological value, serve as class I pillars, have the longest prognosis.
- Relatively Necessary: Serves as pillars II. and III. classes.
- Teeth with a negative meaning
- Absolutely negative: They worsen the biological factor of the dentition as a whole.
- Relatively negative: Their presence threatens other teeth or causes traumatic articulation.
Links[edit | edit source]
Related Articles[edit | edit source]
Refrences[edit | edit source]
- PROCHÁZKOVÁ, Jarmila. Classification of dental defects - biological factor [lecture for subject Prosthetic Dentistry, specialization Dentistry, 1. LF Charles University]. Prague. 12.10.2011.
- MARKOVÁ, Marie. Nomenclature and marking of teeth, temporary and permanent dentition, histological composition [lecture for subject Preclinical Dentistry, specialization Dentistry, 1. LF UK]. Praha. 22.10.2012.
- NOVOTNÁ, Marta. Distribution of abutment teeth, biological factor of the tooth, transmission of masticatory pressure, types of dental prostheses [lecture for subject Preclinical Dentistry, specialization Dentistry, 1. LF UK]. Praha. 7.10.2013.
- ANDRIK, Pavel. Dental prosthetics : Textbook for medical faculties. - edition. Osveta, 1983. 224 pp.