Disorders of cerebellar function/Repetitorium
Disorders of the cerebellum[edit | edit source]
Presumed concepts: functions of individual parts of the cerebellum
A flag file
- ataxia: disorder of standing, walking and maintaining balance;
- asynergy: disorder of coordination of distant muscle groups;
- dysmetria: goal pursuit;
- adiadochokinesia: inability to perform rapid alternating movements, eg supination/pronation;
- intention tremor : shaking during targeted movements (as opposed to resting tremor);
- muscle hypotonia: passivity.
Paleocerebellar syndrome[edit | edit source]
Disorder of the central parts of the cerebellum
- affects axial and proximal limb muscles;
- disorders of standing, walking, balance; asynergy.
Neocerebellar syndrome[edit | edit source]
Disorder of the lateral parts (hemispheres) of the cerebellum
- affects the distal muscles of the limbs and fine motor skills;
- dysmetria, hypotonia, adiadochokinesia, intention tremor.
Links[edit | edit source]
Related articles[edit | edit source]
source[edit | edit source]
- VÍZEK, Martin. Repetitorium [online]. [cit. 2012-01-17]. <https://web.archive.org/web/20130512032641/http://pf.lf2.cuni.cz/vyuka/repetitorium.html>.